Vocalist / Guitarist / Pianist / Songwriter
Celebrating your special occasion outdoors? Whether wedding, picnic, birthday, friendly gathering, family reunion, or just because, garden parties are a beautiful way gather together. They can be held in an event venue garden, your own backyard, or a public outdoor spot that allows reservations. I have brought my acoustic guitar out for some lovely garden parties and weddings. Surrounded by nature's beauty, colorful flowers, blue skies, and fresh air, there's a peacefulness and connectedness that doesn't feel the same indoors.
Some options and tips to consider when including live music at a garden party:
- Acoustic instrumentation is the easiest set up outdoors with nice sound in immediate area for up to 30-40 guests.
- Battery powered amplification adds a little more volume, though sound quality and battery stamina may vary.
- Electricity nearby? Amplified set up allows a more standard volume and music quality for larger groups.
- Look for a shady spot or consider a tent. Instruments (and people) are sensitive to prolongued heat and sunlight.
- Wet grass from previous rainfall or heavy morning dew can be hazardous for electrical devices (walking in spikey heels!)
- Nearby parking will accomodate easy event set up/break down (and don't forget accessible restrooms...)
- Plan B.....Why not create the "What if" scenario up front? Smartly modified, the party can go on - rain or shine.
Beautiful days or starlit nights! Let's discuss the logistics for your garden party's success.