Vocalist / Guitarist / Pianist / Songwriter
Out of town? Can't visit in person? Though pre-recorded videos and streamed performances have been around a while, we all had to get creative to keep busy during the 2020 pandemic. I personally turned to live "socially distanced" programs outdoors, but was also asked to do some virtual programs. (For an aged honoree, I even did a musical set over a speaker phone!)
Pictured here is a personalized Zoom background I prepared for an honoree's virtual 40th birthday party. I showed up named "SURPRISE". When I opened my camera to start the set, I sat with my guitar in front of this virtual backgound I made just for her. With kind of a funky look, it was just the fun everyone needed.
Notes for best success:
- Share your virtual platform information with your performer early so they can practice working in that platform
- Arrange a pre-event test date or time together and assure everything will go as expected
- Prepare plan to address Internet service interruptions due to storms, power outages, instability, etc.
- Be sure all of your guests/invitees understand how to login and have someone available to facilitate as needed
- If you want to record, please ask permission from performer before you share their performance
- Likewise, are you ready to sign a video release for musician's promotion through websites and social media?
I also give motivational speaking presentations on virtual platforms.