Vocalist / Guitarist / Pianist / Songwriter
Though I took piano lessons at age 6, I wasn't sold on it. I realized the piano was great for exploring songs from the radio in high school. It was so much more fun to play "by ear".
Guitar was my "go to" when I first started performing, but if there was a piano available, I wanted to use that instead. While touring the hotel circuit around the USA, I invested in a "portable" piano. Fun fact: Back then, "portable" meant ~ 100-150# of piano, requiring at least two people to move it! (It's a lot easier now!)
I prefer the piano to accompany myself on more jazzy styles and Broadway music, but most other genres sound great on piano too.
Vocals with Piano offers...
- A more formal / elegant ambiance to enhance your occasion
- Room sound option with portable electric using internal speakers for smaller groups
- Ability to amplify for larger venues and bigger crowds
- Great sound for easy listening, adult contemporary, jazzy standards, movie music, and Broadway tunes, as well as other genres
- A classy feel for background, or a gathering center for song requests and sing-alongs
- Versatility from the average singer-songwriter guitar-vocal performance
- A second instrument to offer variation through your event. (I can bring the guitar too!)
Is there a tuned, fully working piano on premises? Ask about my fee incentive to use it.