We continue to add to our list of creative resources. Please visit again for updates!
Note: We do not take responsibility for the accuracy or linked information of outside sites. However, we do try to screen the organization before posting it here.
If you have some Creative Resources that would be helpful to other local creatives, please contact us and we will check out the information. The information should be about not-for-profit resources. We will add a page for profit making resources (advertisers) later and may include profitable resources such as helpful books for sale in our Marketplace. For this section, we are focused on groups and organizations (that can include formal 501c3 non-profits, support organizations & clubs including Meetup groups, etc.)
- Triangle area organizations
- Apex Arts Council: www.apexartscouncil.org
- Arts Access Inc: www.artsaccessinc.org
- Creative Talented People Triangle & Triangle Creative Professionals (entrepreneurial mix and just plain artistic individuals who want to connect, learn, and grow) - Our formal Meetups have closed - Contact us to Network: Creative Talented People Connect
- Durham Arts Council: http://durhamarts.org
- Hillsborough Arts Council: Hillsborough Arts Council
- Orange County Arts Commission: Orange County Arts
- Raleigh Review Organization (501c3 national organization - magazine showcasing poetry, short fiction, and art - Mission: "to foster the creation and availability of accessible yet provocative contemporary literature through our biannual magazine as well as through workshops, readings, and other community events.supporting and showcasing the art of writing": www.raleighreview.org
- Triangle Art Works (501c3 organization - supporting visual and performing arts in the Triangle): www.triangleartworks.org
- United Arts Council of Raleigh & Wake County: http://www.unitedarts.org
- NC organizations
- NC Arts Council (free membership, crosses arts disciplines): www.ncarts.org
- NC Presenters Consortium: https://ncpresenters.org
- NC Songwriters Co-Op (501c3 supporting songwriters & performing songwriters, $15 initiation & $10 member dues - join for $25. (You do not need to be a songwriter to join.): www.ncsongwriters.org
- Paint North Carolina: https://paintnc.org (emerging & professional artists that meet together to paint 'en plein air' in different locations around North Carolina).
- Regional organizations
- South Arts (includes North Carolina): https://www.southarts.org/
- Grants for Creative People
- Regional Artist Project Grants: Every year money is granted to artists across disciplines (Dance, Drama, Film/Media, Literature/Playwright, Music, Visual Arts) for emerging and established artists. There is a very specific process to go through to attain a grant. Free workshops are offered in all of the counties included in the grant (administered by Wake County United Arts Council of Raleigh, and currently partners with Franklin County Arts Council, Johston County Arts Council, Vance County Arts Council, and Warren County Arts Council). There are several free workshops offered to help you through the process. The grant application deadline is in March for the following year. More information/clarification of details and downloadable application forms can be found at http://www.unitedarts.org/grants/.
- South Arts (includes North Carolina artists): "South Arts recognizes that an invitation to participate in a major, milestone opportunity is not always enough. Even with stipends or payments, overall expenses can make such an opportunity inaccessible. In order to ensure that artists from our region can take full advantage of major opportunities, South Arts now offers Individual Artist Career Opportunity Grants. The Individual Artist Career Opportunity Grant is a pilot program to support a milestone opportunity in an individual artist’s career that is likely to lead to substantial and significant career advancement. Grants of up to $2,000 are available to support opportunities taking place between April 1, 2020 and August 31, 2021. Applications are due at least 60 days prior to activities. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until this program’s funds are depleted." Artist and Career Grants
- Free Books, Publications, and other Media
- Free Publicity
- Showcase Opportunities
- Carolina's Got Art!: Juried art shows with prizes (2015 is the 4th year - hosted at Elder Gallery in Charlotte, NC for 2 shows in 2015. $35 fee - 3 pieces - 2 shows May & June 2015 - all media accepted - Cash Prizes - (Original website Connection is lost, but they are on Social Media) Currently no events (COVID19) Carolinas Got Art on Facebook
- NC Presenters Consortium: Annual Artsmarket (2019 - hosting in Durham) - Juried showcases and vendor booths - attendees include presenters, vendors, and agents: https://ncpresenters.org
- Social Media Support Groups
- Self Publish Now (Facebook): To connect and network with like-minded new and experienced authors: https://www.facebook.com/groups/selfpublishnow/about/